Ahhh January. The month of new aspirations, fresh beginnings and a slight urgency to start the year out even better than before. For marketers, January provides the opportunity to explore new perspectives and strategy enhancements, and most importantly, it’s a time to set the tone for success and growth in 2019. To help you start out on the right foot, we’re giving you some of our favorite quotes that are sure to inspire growth in the year ahead.
1. “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” – John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States
Whoever said, ‘your comfort zone will kill you’, wasn’t kidding. We get into the routine of doing the same things, day in and day out. Make it a goal this year to accomplish the things you’ve always wanted to do; in work and in personal life.
2. “Motivation is the catalyzing ingredient for every successful innovation.” – Clayton Christensen, Harvard Professor
Motivation is the driver that helps us accomplish our goals and grow as individuals. Where there’s a lack of motivation, there’s a lack of innovation and growth. Stay motivated and focused and 2019 will be yours.
3. “The only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Founder & CEO of Facebook
This one may be a given, but it’s something all marketers need to remember. There is no growth without taking risks. It’s as simple as that. To grow means to get out of our comfort zones and take the risks necessary to lead us in the direction of success.
4. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.”– Maya Angelou, Author
Through our lives and in business, we encounter many experiences where we face defeat or feel defeated. We’re all gifted with the opportunity to move forward and grow from these experiences.
5. “We do not need magic to transform the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.” – J.K. Rowling, Author
A little motivation, vision and inspiration can go a long way. When we find it within ourselves, we have the ability to make magic happen.
6. “New ideas are sometimes found in the most granular details of a problem where few others bother to look.” – Nate Silver, Founder of FiveThirtyEight
Some of the best ideas come to us when we least expect it. Clear your mind of unwanted and negative thoughts and let creative thinking flow freely.
We hope these quotes gave you the motivation you were looking for. May 2019 be a year of prosperous new beginnings! #FocusedOnGrowth